3rd shift- Production Worker- $15 Portland, MI
Portland, MI 48875
- Operate one or more production machines, within any given work cell, which requires a moderate amount of training.
- Make minor tooling changes or adjustments when necessary to ensure proper quality.
- Performance of other duties, such as charting, is required.
- Operate test equipment when required.
- Also responsibilities include housekeeping and adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Setup & operate all of the equipment within the assigned work cell
- Work in conjunction with area team leader and supervisor to maintain standards of production.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a method of job rotation that will enhance and retain individual skill levels required to maximize team productivity.
- Maintain acceptable levels of performance as measured against work cell benchmarks.
- Provide input relative to continuously improving the overall production performance of the work cell.
- Assist and train fellow team members when required.
- Possess the demonstrated ability to read and effectively utilize required inspection gages.
- Be skilled in reading and interpreting both parts prints and process sheets
- Be responsible for producing quality parts and therefore must be familiar with and adhere to the total operator control philosophy.
- Exercise sufficient attentiveness to maintain pace with machines or equipment, ensure correct assemblies, maintain acceptable quality and avoid unnecessary machine and tool breakage to produce a good part.
- Use necessary gaging equipment or indicating devices as prescribed.
- Have the ability to lift 30lbs repetitively.
- Have the ability to read, comprehend work instructions and operate hand gauges per instructions/blueprints
- Possess basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime