Reach truck/Forklift driver
Summary Loads, unloads, inventories and moves materials within or near the plant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Unloads materials from trucks
• Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated staging area.
• Uses Thermoforming Paperless Materials page to manage the needs of the production floor to stage film and issue boxes as needed by production.
• Operates all equipment including hilo, reach truck and walkie rider
• Performs inventory transfers using RF Smart
• Pulls Shipments
• Takes physical inventory counts
• Performs tool movement as needed
• Performs scrap requests
• Loads Shipments
• Audits, corrects and reports deficiencies within the materials areas assigned
• Waters equipment batteries as needed
• Complies with department standards and DOT guidelines
• Complies with safety policies and procedures and reports safety hazards/violations to supervisor.
• All other duties as assigned by Supervisor or management
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to internal and external customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests.
• Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
6 months or more recent experience operating a reach truck. Recent is defined as within in the last 5 years.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with accuracy. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be able to obtain powered lift truck license
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.