2nd Shift - Packager/Inspector Shift - $14.50/hour
Montague, MI 49437
A Montague company is seeking Packagers for 2nd shift. Hours are 3:00pm-11:00pm Monday-Friday.) This is a temporary to permanent position with a complete benefits package available upon hire in. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and paid holidays/vacations are available upon hire in. Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing will have access to one of our local offices' Certified Staffing Professionals and will have the option to receive healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
- Will perform manual packaging operations to fill, label, band, pack, and/or wrap containers with products and materials.
- Inspects products being packaged as well as finished goods with adherence to standard operating procedures and current good manufacturing practices.
- Perform all setup and preparation work for the packaging of each product
- Utilize packaging equipment to fill and close all products, obtain QA samples, set date-code printer, and palletize the finished product for storage and/ or shipment
- Accurately and thoroughly complete all forms and documents needed for each packaging run
- Operate all packaging equipment and perform operator adjustments as needed (i.e., taping machine, date coder)
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Cross-train in different departments so the employee is versatile in their job
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail, and have excellent dexterity
- Ability to follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), safety precautions, and regulations
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to concentrate and focus on task under stressful and/or distracting conditions
- Ability to be a team player; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve basic math problems, solve practical problems, good decisions, planning, and organizing
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. at a time throughout shift
- GED or High School Diploma is required