1st shift Evisceration positions opened $13.00
Middlebury, IN 46540
General Responsibilities/Job Summary
A brief description that summarizes the overall purpose and objective of the position and the results you are expected to accomplish.
Work in a slaughtering establishment performing precision functions involving the preparation of
duck. Work may include specialized slaughtering tasks and cutting premium cuts of duck for
A number of accountabilities that cover the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are most important to get the job done, listed in priority order. Describe what must be accomplished including supervision or management responsibilities and quality and quantity standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Cut, trim, skin, sort, and remove viscera of slaughtered Duck to separate edible portions from offal.
2. Tend to assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
3. Hang birds
4. Willing to work and cover all duties concerning the Duck Farms
5. Understand and follow plant GMP' s
6. Follow all plant rules
7. Understand our reconditioning procedures
8. Able to work with scales and minimal math
9. Be able to correctly label salvage parts, gizzards, and livers
10. Ability to work with Knife, scissors an air tool
11. Know how to correctly follow Standard Operating Procedures
12. Warm weather conditions (70 F - 90 F)
13. Follow proper hygiene practices
14. Know and understand our animal welfare policy
15. Know the companies emergency evacuation procedure
16. Properly report any injuries or illnesses while working
o Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
o Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
o Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
o Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
o Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
o Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
o Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one s conduct.
o Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
o Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
o Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
o Poultry experience preferred
o No prior experience required
Physical Job Requirements
o Stand C (Constantly)
o Walk F (Frequently)
o Sit N (Not Applicable)
o Handling C (Constantly)
o Reach Outward F (Frequently)
o Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
o Climb O (Occasionally)
o Crawl N (Not Applicable)
o Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
o Bend O (Occasionally)
Lift/Carry Job Requirements
o 10 lbs. Or less C (Constantly)
o 11-20 lbs. C (Constantly)
o 21-50 lbs. C (Constantly)
o 51-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
o Over 100 lbs. N (Not Applicable)
Push/Pull Job Requirements
o 12 lbs. Or less C (Constantly)
o 13-25 lbs. C (Constantly)
o 26-40 lbs. O (Occasionally)
o 41-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
Temperatures vary from cold to very hot depending on the seasons and department. Wet and damp. Loud machinery.