1st shift - Sander, $13-16 (Grand Rapids)
This is a position doing the final sanding work in a manufacturing setting that creates fine wooden furniture out of solid wood and plywood. This position is 4 - 10 hour days, M-Th and OT on Fri when needed.
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. **Once hired in, you will receive Insurance, 401k with an attractive match, and PTO.
- Detail sanding of wood products with an extreme eye for quality.
- Smoothing and flushing with pneumatic sanding tools.
- Hand detail sanding and removing of glue residue.
- Some final packing.
- Work closely with engineers and production staff in a truly collaborative on-demand manufacturing environment.
- Manage assigned projects, responsibilities, milestones, and deadlines.
- 1-5 years of experience assembling furniture and wood components.
- The ability to lift fixtures and furniture components.
- The ability to operate pneumatic and electric power tools and hand tools.
- Good math aptitude and the ability to read calipers and a tape measure.
- Critical thinking - the ability to foresee problems and suggest multiple solutions.
- Mechanical Aptitude - basic understanding of materials and processes with an eye for the details.
- Communication - Ability to work in a truly collaborative team environment - Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Let’s go to work! Apply online today or call our office at 616-242-9919.
Equal Opportunity Employer