1st shift - Factory Laser Technician, pay based on experience ($16+) - Grand Rapids
Workbox Staffing is hiring a Factory Laser Technician in Grand Rapids!
The right candidate will be responsible for the service and repair of 2D/3D laser positioning systems and straight-line lasers. You’ll be responsible for helping existing customers and new customers alike while maintaining all internal documentation. Services, diagnoses, builds and provides technical support for lasers and laser projection devices, as well as assists with traditional product assembly.
All Workbox Staffing Employees receive access to a personalized career consultant, Healthcare Benefits, Disability Insurance, and advancement opportunities. Once hired, this includes a great benefits package including 100% paid healthcare, paid holidays, Personal Time Off (PTO), etc.
Some of the responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining a positive can-do attitude with all customers and team members
- Ensuring timely response to customer sales and service needs
- Working with the existing team to provide phone and internet meeting support/troubleshooting of 2D/3D hardware and software
- Diagnosing and servicing of all products
- Preparing service/repair quotes to customers
- Supporting software requirements for all products
- Customizing LPM software to fit customer applications
- Providing tech support to customers installing new equipment
- Managing warranty repair parts inventory and sales
- Tracking repairs and managing reports
- Managing spare parts inventory and ordering appropriate spare parts inventory with assistance from purchasing
- Maintain databases
- Other duties as needed
- 2-3 years of related experience or education equivalent
- The ideal candidate will have some electronics servicing experience as well as good computer knowledge
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols and communications.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts; basic mathematical skills
- Skill and ability to listen, interpret and make recommendations
- Ability to stand for long periods and includes sitting, walking, and stooping
- Ability to use Soldering Iron, Digital Voltmeter, Laser Power Meter, and various other electronic test equipment.
Apply today or call our office for an immediate interview at 616-242-9919.
Equal Opportunity Employer