JOB TITLE: Automated Optical Inspector
REPORT TO: Testing Coordinator _______________________________________________________________________
BASIC JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The Automated Optical Inspector is responsible for the general electrical inspection of components, subassemblies and final assemblies to assure conformance to Manufacturing Process documents and IPC-A610 criteria.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / OBJECTIVES
The Automated Optical Inspector’s duties include:
1. Following policies, procedures, and work instructions in the Manufacturing Process document specifications.
2. Work with SMT operation’s first article inspection.
3. General, electrical and mechanical inspection of components, subassemblies and final assemblies to assure conformance to specifications.
4. Interprets quality/workmanship standards specified in MP documents.
5. Use the Mantis and magnification systems for questionable defects.
6. Maintains defect logs and inputs statistical data into a computer.
7. Inspect and repair boards, and if necessary due to rejects, return to department that is responsible.
8. Keep the department equipment and the work area clean and safe.
9. Ensure Compliance with all policies described in the Employee Manual.
10. Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Quality or their designate.
ACCOUNTABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY
The Automated Optical Inspector reports to the Director of Quality. This person needs to be self-motivated, capable of observing discrepancies, and reporting and/or correcting them when possible. The employee must be able to properly identify components, check the quality of soldering, and immediately resolve any problems. S/he must ensure accurate entry of job and time data on the Manex system. The employee must keep work area clean and organized at all times. People skills are necessary to maintain harmony in the team oriented workplace.
QUALIFICATONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Automated Optical Inspector requires a high school education. S/he must have extensive experience in circuit board assembly, specialized on-the-job training and formal classroom education. Good math skills and a disposition to accurate record keeping are important. The Automated Optical Inspector must have the ability to read and identify electronic parts values, part polarity and identify good/fail solder criteria. Data entry into the Manex system requires attention to detail to ensure accurate entry of production performed and logging work time on time sheets. . The Automated Optical Inspector must be able to speak, read, and write clearly in the English language.
Physical Activity: Employee performs duties which may requires
sitting, standing, lifting, pushing and pulling,
Physical Requirements: Employee performs work lifting up to
seventy five (75) pounds and/or a very minimum amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects.
Visual Activity: Employee performs work where it is close to eyes.
Job Location: Employee is not regularly exposed to environmental
conditions. (Work is in an office environment.)
Safety Equipment: Safety glasses are used only where required.