1st Shift, Assembly, $13/hr, Elkhart IN
BASIC JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The Manual Insertion Assembler is responsible for pre-wave production of company products in compliance with IPC-A-610 standards.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / OBJECTIVES
The Manual Insertion Assembler's job tasks include:
1. Following policies, procedures, and work instructions in Manufacturing Process document specifications.
2. Daily entry of production and labor time data.
3. Resolving discrepancies that appear in any assemblies.
4. Correctly entering completed production or labor time data on log sheet.
5. Perform work in compliance with IPC-A-610 standards.
6. Do any data entry in the Manex system.
7. Keep the department equipment and the work area clean and safe.
8. Ensure compliance with all policies described in the Employee Handbook.
9. Complete any work assignments as determined by the Hand Solder Coordinator or their designate.
ACCOUNTABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY
The Manual Insertion Assembler reports to the Hand Solder Coordinator. The employee needs to be self-motivated, capable of observing discrepancies and reporting/or correcting them when possible. You must effectively organize his/her work time to optimize personal efficiency. The Manual Insertion Assembler must accurately enter data, job and time data on log sheets since information output ultimately is important to proper job costing. People skills are necessary to obtain cooperation in the team-oriented workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Manual Insertion Assembler requires a high school education or equivalent, plus basic working knowledge and training about printed circuit boards through technical training or on-the-job training and experience. The Manual Insertion Assembler must have the ability to read and follow instructions and good people skills to work as a member of the production team. Data entry into the Manex system requires attention to detail in assembly and in entering production and logging work time on time sheets. The Manual Insertion Assembler must be able to speak, read, and write clearly in the English language.