1st Shift, Machine Operator $13.50/hr - Walker, MI
Mission: Supplier to the Automotive Industry
Working as a member of a team or as an individual performs and has primary responsibility for various types of welding center operations in multiple work centers as required, including, but not limited to MIG, spot (resistance), robotic, silicon bronze (MIG), and manual welders, to produce quality parts. Performs necessary quality checks, records information in PLEX (Enterprise Resource Planning system -ERP), and performs general utility work to meet work schedule.
• Performs all duties necessary to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
• References production orders in Plex to weld product per Job Element Sheet (JES).
• Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Weld operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
• May select proper rack or bin to pack parts and/or store parts for next process.
• Properly packs parts incorrect bin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labeling requirements are followed. Uses a computer, Plex system, keyboard, printer and mouse.
• Completes work center and operator inspection sheets to verify processes are stable and all product quality and inspection, including gage checks are being met.
• Visually inspects parts from the previous operation
• Monitors material usage and floor stock to ensure accurate inventory.
• Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
• Cross trains on various work centers as required.
• Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation
• Meets daily production requirements.
• Frequent exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, heat, sparks, and smoke
• May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
• Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials, weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heaving objects by work partner [s], through the work center
• Frequently walks, bends, twists turns, and lifts while performing functions of the position
• Moderate-sized equipment used around work area
Attention to detail
Must be able to work overtime
• Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
• Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) required
• Ability to use hand tools including, but not limited to; file, hand drill, and disc sander.
• Familiarity with welding processes preferred
• PC and keyboard/mouse skills required
• Ability to frequently lift/move material weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work as a contributing member within a team environment
Apply today or call our office to schedule an interview at 616.242.9919.
Equal Opportunity Employer.