1st Shift, Fabricator, $16/hr, Comstock Park, MI
The Welder/Fabricator lays out and fabricates metal weldments and assemblies. Will use drawings, specs and or verbal instructions as well as exercising judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals. This position requires a High School Diploma or GED and previous experience in welding (MIG, TIG, Stick) MIG is required. You must also have fabricating experience as well. This position also consists of Lifting, carrying, pushing, and or pulling, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Lifting of materials 50 pounds or less is frequent. Must also be be available for overtime
- Executes the requirements of the work orders and processes material accordingly.
- Must be familiar with structural brake forming, welding and other structural fabrication processes.
- Make fabricated products using hand tools, machine tools and welding equipment as well as working with other departments.
- Perform structural processes using various equipment
- Use appropriate measuring equipment for the ask
- Read mechanical engineering prints
- Operator a variety of machines in the factory including Hilo
- Cannot be afraid of heights