1st Shift - Assembly Worker $14/hr -Elkhart IN
Elkhart, IN 46516
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of hand air tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Dependability in work performance and attendance.
- Willingness to rotate with other operators on various job processes according to the department schedule.
- Problem-solve in times when the assembly process is interrupted by problematic situations, such as when the material does not fit.
- Follow the instructions of the supervisor regarding daily activities.
- Demonstrate flexibility in cross-training with other departments.
- Manipulate material to conform to the patterns used.
- Understand work-in-process tickets, using them to assemble materials and complete products.
- Apply a basic understanding of ISO9000 standards.
- Apply basic TPS concepts including one-piece flow, takt time, and operator cycle time; understand the seven deadly wastes, and how to eliminate waste from production processes.
- Demonstrate appropriate internal customer-supplier relation skills.
- Communicate with a variety of people, accommodating the needs of other departments.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns and resources needed.
- Physical demands: Must be able to stand 8 – 10 hours per day at a workstation and operate small hand tools. Repetitive movements required with arms grasping the material and pulling with hands while assembling parts and operating stapling or glue guns. Must have the good visual ability in order to determine proper material alignment and determine color distinctions on various fabrics and materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 – 40 pounds consistently, and occasionally 75 pounds.
- Work environment: Low noise level from small hand tools. Airborne dust particles created from handling cloth fabrics. Department is not air-conditioned. Must be able to work in a non-air-conditioned production plant.