Administrative Assistant $14/hr, Walker, MI
The Production department relies on the assistance of a variety of administrative functions in multiple departments. These assistants will assist the Greenhouse Manager, Receiving Manager or Production Supervisors and process a variety of reports, lists, bills of lading, etc. and. They are also integral in the facilitation of personnel requests and questions. This role needs to be executed with accuracy, confidentiality (when necessary) with a high attention to detail.
The Production Administrative Assistant’s role may include some (or all) of the various production areas. They may support production operations in:
- The quality control of plants being staged and packed (outgoing)
- Receiving of plants from contract growers (incoming)
- Online data entry and Purchase Order processing
- Receiving of hard goods (incoming),
- Distribution/coordination of hard goods (outgoing)
- Receiving of cuttings (incoming)
- Inventory control, or ready lists.
- Posts company information, metrics, quotes, posters and other materials on the company bulletin boards.
- Check on premises attendance and shifts for Forge and Workbox employee’s hours.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Hours/Days: Hourly position based on 45 hours per week, willing to work additional hours/days as needed based on seasonal demand. (typically during April-June)
Education: High School diploma.
Experience: 2+ years of consistent work history. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required. 1-2 years of computer and/or office experience. Working proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel and Word). Must have basic math skills and ability to read/write in English.
Abilities/Strengths: This position requires good organizational skills and attention to detail. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to interact with a variety of people.
Physical Requirements: Able to listen/speak on the telephone. Able to work at a desk and spend time at a computer. Must be able to navigate all areas of the greenhouse, shipping and loading areas and outdoor workspaces. Individual light lifting of 20 lbs or less as needed.
Environment: Office, greenhouse, loading/staging area, outdoor growing spaces.