Machine Operator, $15-15.55/hr, All Shifts, Saline MI
We are looking for entry level or experienced production operators to work at a facility in Saline! They are a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing company. They offer a competitive wage and great benefit package including; medical, dental, vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays when hired on to their staff!
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance and advancement opportunities.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Operates presses and performs other operations at the machine on parts produced, such as; trimming, sorting, partial assembly, bagging, boxing, visual quality checks, and housekeeping.
- Follows Standard Work as called out in the Operator Work Instructions.
- Is accountable for correct production counts, maintaining cycle time, meeting customer requirements, Corporate Appearance - Standards and any functional requirements.
- Responsible for secondary operations as required, such as; trimming, partial assembly and sorting.
- Responsible for packaging parts and the proper labeling of boxes according to the work instruction sheet.
- Responsible for completing Daily Shift Start-Up Sheets.
- Responsible for correct usage of Andon Lights (Equipment Down, Quality or Material Issues).
- Creates tags for equipment and safety issues as appropriate, utilizing the escalation process as necessary.
- Proper use of hold part racks, including the marking of parts and maintaining tracking logs.
- Performs simple Daily Preventive Maintenance within the workstation.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining labor tickets on a daily basis and returning the completed labor ticket to the appropriate Team Leader/Supervisor at the end of each shift.
- Responsible for setting up press areas for the next job during mold changes.
- Performs all other functions as required.
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provide for individual growth.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Inspection skills: Ability to review/inspect components or assemblies to determine their acceptability or rejectability as dictated by specific customer requirements, the Corporate Appearance Standard or any functional requirements.
- Minimum of one year in a like or similar capacity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and perform repetitive motion type tasks regularly.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds , and occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration, repetitive motion, bending, lifting, twisting, crouching, reaching, pushing and/or pulling and high temperatures.
- While performing this position, the employee regularly uses manual and powered hand tools, (electric, battery operated and/or air powered).
- Vacation raffle drawings for packages worth up to $5,000!
- Perfect attendance aware - up to $300!
- New employee referral bonus of up to $1,250!