Livonia, MI 48150
Company is seeking Warehouse Workers for production operations. Interested candidates should be able to stand for 12-hour shifts, pay attention to detail, and work well independently and with a team. All applicants should be reliable, professional and demonstrate a great work attitude!
Everyone employed at Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Read production schedules and work orders to determine processing sequences, furnace temperatures, and heat cycle requirements for objects to be heat-treated.
- Record times that parts are removed from furnaces to document that objects have attained specified temperatures for specified times.
- Load parts into containers and place containers on conveyors to be inserted into furnaces, or insert parts into furnaces.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
- Determine types and temperatures needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and ductility, using heat-treating charts and knowledge of methods, equipment and metals.
- Remove parts from furnaces after specified times, and air dry or cool parts.
- Position stock in furnaces, using tongs, chain hoists, or pry bars.
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Operate forklift as necessary (no experience needed).
- Must be safety-conscious, and must have a strong work ethic. Candidate must be highly dependable and have outstanding attendance.
- Must be willing to work in high temperatures, stand for long periods of time, lift items up to 30 pounds and do repetitive hand movement.
- Duties include putting parts onto a furnace line and inspection. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Annual profit sharing.
- Great, low cost benefits.
- Monthly $400 quality incentive offered to employees.
Employees typically work 12-hour shifts; either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am, on a scheduled rotation of 4 days worked one week (48 hours), and 3 days the next week (36 hours).
- First week schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Second week schedule: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Job ID: 197861