Search for jobs with Workbox Staffing! Select a location or Industry and apply for open positions.
Night Shift Structural Steel Fabricator FITTER
Taylors, SC 29687 US
- Safety – Achieve the goal of zero accidents by using all protective equipment assigned and operating in a safe manner per CMC Structural policies. Suggest ideas to improve safety. Report immediately all accidents and cooperate fully with all accident investigations.
- Quality- Produce fabricated pieces in lines with customers orders and detail drawings; and ensure that parts function/fit within specified parameters via testing and/or quality control checks before they are moved to the next operation.
- Schedule – Meet delivery dates promised to customers by performing operations on time and in an efficient manner.
- Efficiency – Minimize manufacturing costs by using time, materials, and equipment effectively. Suggests ways to reduce costs and optimize efficiency.
- Equipment – Maintain all tools, machines, and supplies in good, safe working order. Report any issues or discrepancies immediately.
- Three or more years of related activities, including layout and welding.
- Ability to read and interpret structural fabrication drawings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Use of judgement to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequences of set-ups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
- Agrees with and subscribes to company values.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the associated technical disciplines, including welding, machine operation, material identification, etc.
- Self-starter – able to work alone and in groups to accomplish goals.
- Ability to interpret data to come to conclusions when all of the information is not available.
- High School Diploma or GED