Monroe, MI 48162
Are you looking for a new opportunity on an afternoon shift? If so, the search is over! We are seeking a hardworking, reliable Production Operator to join a locally owned, growing company eager to invest in the right candidate. For this position you will be responsible for producing quality parts by operating all ram extrusion equipment and running production jobs with minimal supervision.
Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and overtime/advancement opportunities.
- Operate all ram extrusion jobs with minimal supervision.
- Fill hoppers with material.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Cut, weigh and record product and scrap as necessary.
- Enter in computer Statistical Process Control (SPC) data.
- Prepare boxes and tubes for packaging and make labels.
- Make adjustments to vise, water and heats.
- Properly package and store parts and containers.
- Use measuring tools including measuring tape, calipers, average (pi) tapes, outside micrometers, and depth micrometers.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping floors, mopping water spills, emptying refuse containers, etc.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Able to stand at length required
- Walking, crouching, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. Also required
- Ability to reach with arms and use hands for manipulating machine parts
- Must be able to see in color
- Requires considerable alertness while working with machines and tools with hot or moving parts.
- Moderate to loud noise levels in plant area with continuous grinding and banging and intermittent high-pitched noise from saws.
Job ID: 193346