1st shift - Sander, $13-16/hr. Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
This is a position doing the final sanding work in a manufacturing setting that creates fine wooden furniture out of solid wood and plywood. This position is 4 - 10 hour days, M-Th and OT on Fri when needed.
- Detail sanding of wood products with an extreme eye for quality.
- Smoothing and flushing with pneumatic sanding tools.
- Hand detail sanding and removing of glue residue.
- Some final packing.
- Work closely with engineers and production staff in a truly collaborative on-demand manufacturing environment.
- Manage assigned projects, responsibilities, milestones, and deadlines.
- 1-5 years of experience assembling furniture and wood components.
- The ability to lift fixtures and furniture components.
- The ability to operate pneumatic and electric power tools and hand tools.
- Good math aptitude and the ability to read calipers and a tape measure.
- Critical thinking - the ability to foresee problems and suggest multiple solutions.
- Mechanical Aptitude - basic understanding of materials and processes with an eye for the details.
- Communication - Ability to work in a truly collaborative team environment - Positive attitude and willingness to learn.